Originally Posted By: Elevatorfella
Heard a story of someone tying a piece of string on a ball valve handle in the pit, manually lowering the car onto buffer springs, then pulling the string, closing the ball valve....very dirty trick on my opinion

So.. I was pretty shocked/impressed when I read this comment and mentioned it to a buddy in the trade. That just led to us both being confused. How would you even fix this? I initially thought you could just hoist the car, but would the negative pressure in the cylinder not prevent this? If there's no way to get under the car, are you pretty much screwed for every plan except cutting a hole in the floor?

Edit: I guess I should submit something I saw, as well. I'm gonna pretend this was intentional because I want to maintain some faith in the boys that work in my local, but for anyone who has worked on one of those silly GE controllers before, you know that faults are all cleared with one jumper... And all the programming could be cleared with that same jumper after either a slip of the hand or a bit of malicious intent... After another company (won't give it away but it starts with a T and ends with a hyssen Krupp) lost a contract, I walked into one of those. Not a good time....

Last edited by ConfusedInCanada; 12/22/15 04:53 AM.