Confused you make some good points. At the end of the day I wouldn't do any work I was not proud to say I had done. On the other hand no company is going to give you 12 weeks to install a two stop hydro with chromed conduit! There has to be a balance between Quality and profits. I also see where people post that the equipment is 30 years old and should be modded. But that's what we do!! We keep older equipment running that's our bread and butter. When I started the only elevators that were getting modded were the old car switch type. Not because we couldn't keep them running but paying for DC power and an operator was to costly to building owners. If you cant read straight line prints, compound a generator, or adjust load weighing and set floor stops on mechanical selectors you need to get educated before the old guys are all gone. The companies will make sure the solid state equipment is forced out by cutting off supply to boards but we as a trade need to be the ones to have the answers to keep older equipment safe and running. The old relay logic controllers will never call the companies and get reset by a remote headset wearing operator! If you cant see the handwriting on the wall get someone to read it to you. Thanks Dan