Originally Posted By: 4mersparky209
What's up all.I've been lurking this thread since I signed up for the local 8 last Jan. I got ranked 115 in May and got called to work for schindler last month in N.I. so 90 doesn't sound too bad but construction is booming here. My union rep said that 8/10 guys he calls turn down the offer or quit within a week I don't know why cause I love this job so far. If anyone has any questions for a 50 % proby I'll try to answer

I applied to local 1 and just got my results today. I am ranked in the lower half of the 100s, a bit disappointing because I thought my interview went very well. But 4merspary209's post makes me feel better about still potentially getting called before the list expires. I know it's all a waiting game at this point, but local 1 is one of the largest locals and construction is picking up in NYC, so here's hoping! Anyone know how far down the list they made it in the last recruitment?

Good luck to everyone still waiting, and thanks to all the posters in this thread because it was pretty helpful during the whole process.