Model H-5276 Dover Corporation
Type: 61844-3

So, I'm a newby and discovered this forum via googling, and my hope is someone has experience with this type of "antique" elevator.

The elevator has served the family well for many, many years, and really looks good, especially the mechanicals etc. I believe it was installed around 1962 when the house was built.

The elevator will run to it stop or top floor (two) and would not go down. Then after a few days it would decide to work again.

I had an elevator repairman come over and he cleaned the contractors, etc, but that did not fix it. Then he sort of jumped up and down up in the elevator and it worked!!

I just had and electrical over and he did the following-some of it duplicative from the previous visit.

1-checked all door switches, contacts are clean, and all have power
2-Checked the chain limit switch (counter balance) it appears to be good
3-Travel switch in the back of the back corner of the roof left side
4-Checked all three call buttons two external one internal
5-Checked all terminal blocks for tightness
6-Checked tightness on all on contactors

Still it will come up, not go down, unless you move about and shake it in the shaft. So, it would appear to me that it is a switch or something that is not being engaged or making a connection, or something is loose.

Anyone have expereince with this? Your suggestions will be appreciated!

I would like to post some pictures for your review, but need to figure out how to do that. This form is not as intuitive as some of the other ones I have seen. Looks like I have to load them up to a website and copy some computer mumbojumbo. I wonder if I can do this via constant contact.

Thanks

PS-Yes, we could replace it but I would rather see if I can find a stash of parts from this site for the future.

Last edited by A Dopo; 05/18/16 07:16 PM.