Hello all,

I am new to the elevator industry, and was originally hired by a company for my IT background. For knowledge and experience in the field, I was recently tasked with the project of testing out a Schindler 330A and using Liftware's Cadi GC for diagnostics. The intent was to have the elevator and the software communicate in order to determine if we could bid a project in which almost all elevators are Schindler. However, we do not want to bid this job if we are unable to use the software effectively. I have briefly investigated the forums in reference to Schindler elevators and the Cadi GC software and frequently came across indications of complications in regards to SIM cards. As I do not know much about elevator, elevator software, etc. I am unable to fully grasp the situation. Upon connecting the Cadi GC software to the elevator board via 9-pin connector I am given the response of "No target has been found on COM#" (where # is the COM of choice). I have done everything I can think of using my IT troubleshooting, but am currently stumped since I cannot fully dive into the world of elevators. Is there any advice anyone can provide as to getting these two to communicate effectively? Also, once I have successfully connected the 330A and Cadi GC, I am to move onto a Miconic.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help someone new to the elevator industry. I look forward to your knowledge and expertise into this matter.