Thanks again for the continued support. I've tried all of the above including attempting to duplicate the issue. That was one of the first things I did. So this time I installed a camera because I've never witnessed the cause of the faults (re-leveling fault, then goes into low oil). Believe it or not, the elevator ran almost flawlessly for 3 days though I did get to witnessed one event while it was at the second floor. The camera woke me up at 4:00 am while the elevator was attempting to level up, then it overshoot the 2nd floor, then level back down. It did this repeatedly about 4 times until it finally stopped at the floor. However, The car did not shut down during this event though I assume this is the problem. The elevator ran normally until I removed the camera's and of course it shut down the next day.

Do you guys believe this is more of a valve problem? I opened up all stems which I cleaned out a very minimal amount of gunk which did happen to change the way the car operated. I had to do a little more adjusting to get the car level at the landing zones again, this was after the valve stems were cleaned. Pressures do hold and there is never any oil loss. I can't see this being an electrical problem at this point but the strange thing is that it only faults out overnight, and of course when it's not being observed.

Really appreciate all of your help, I've been working on elevators for 20 years and I can honestly say this is one of the strangest. I Just wanted to reduce the cost by making the right decision on what to replace.

The valve is an EECO UV5 about 15 years old.

Thanks again,

Love what I do, enjoy the challenge, the elevator industry has made me a much smarter man than I ever would have been.