Hey guys

The camera I used was a Foscam which had the capability to pan and zoom as well. I already have a Verizon hot spot which worked great in this equipment room. You can also teather your connection if you don't have any data concerns. The problem with this camera system is they force you into signing up for their cloud storage if you want to continuously record. The camera has both motion and sound detection which was nice and a 7 day cloud trial period. I personally don't like having to commit to a cloud storage contract when a DVR will provide me the same thing at no cost. It's not like I would be using this daily. With that said, I returned the camera and decided to purchase a (Swann WiFi 2 camera & 1TB DVR system model number 101097-SWNBK-485KH2) It's a little pricey @ $350 but my time is worth more spending it with my family, especially during the holidays, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I needed a DVR that was WIFI capable, without a need for an ethernet connection. This was the only one I could find. Most systems offer notifications for audio and motion detection and this one does too.

I'm going to replace the valve in a few days so we'll see if this resolves my issue. In regards to the timer, cold oil was disabled prior to me and the elevator ran fine for years. I tied it back in thinking just maybe it's getting too cold. But this equipment room stays fairly warm and didn't change the problem when cold oil was reactivated.

Thanks again, and this new camera system is great! The cameras don't pan or tilt but the system came with 2 cameras and a compact 1TB DVR. I even purchased a small 20" monitor for reviewing recordings while on site. I use my phone, pc, and or tablet when away.

Love what I do, enjoy the challenge, the elevator industry has made me a much smarter man than I ever would have been.