Having trouble with an old 8 stop Westinghouse unit recently added to my route. I am not familiar with Westinghouse equipment model names or prints or anything for that matter. I do not have job specific prints. The controller has a monkey on a stick selector in the controller and very large coils on the car top leveling unit.

I found the car with the doors cycling, not making full close. Detector edge (Lambda III-D) checks out ok, door operator is an AT-400 with a relay interface. After powering down and checking relay contacts, locks etc. the problem appeared to be gone. I ran the car around and everything was looking good. I went to the machine room to pick up my tools and found door relays cycling.

The problem only happens when more than one call is latched. For example: if I place a car call to 4 and a hall call is latched for 5, the car will stop at four, 304 will drop and then the doors begin to cycle. If I manually reset 501, the doors will close and then I can latch another call. This scenario happens with any combination of hall calls or car calls at all floors. The car will run fine if calls are latched one at a time and another call cannot be latched until the doors are closed.