Originally Posted By: skilledbutcher73
Originally Posted By: Ext1nct
Originally Posted By: hog451
How about you don't call, and you wait patiently. The local is most likely tired of the callers. Listen, Skilledbutcher is right, don't get hung up on the list. You are going to wait, and wait and wait.

You're not from the bay area are you? No where else would the list move as fast as it has here. Cranes are popping up like rabbits -- and cranes mean lots of jobs. The point of this thread was to keep each other updated so we're not all calling as much. Let's stay optimistic

Uh...I was number 12 in Austin, Texas...one of the fastest growing cities in the US....granted the bay area is growing fast but trust me...if u see all the cranes in Austin you would THINK they would be calling ppl left and right...trust me that is exactly what i was thinking as well...A lot if it has to do with the types of elevators and what kind....how big of a crew they need ...how many mods are they doing , repair work...laid off guys on the list...way WAY to many factors...and trust me ..as fast as they call u they can lay u off and u will be out back on the bench ... hopefully not Long, but it can be a few months

Well, books are empty and the calls keep coming, so I'm sure many of us are getting excited as our ticket gets closer. Again, the point of this thread was to keep each other informed so we know when its getting close... Whether its 2 weeks from now or a year and a half. I like to stay prepared so its nice to know that other people have the same mindset and are calling to find out.

Lay offs go hand in hand with construction, I'm well aware -- but our foot is in the door once the call comes in. One can only hope it continues