I recently powered down one of the 3 of these that I have on my route and when I powered the unit back up, I could no longer change menus on the user interface. Here is what I did to correct the problem:

1)Set up a new HyperTerminal connection as follows: baud rate= 9600, stop bit = none, parity = 8 data bits, flow control = xon/xoff, connection = com 1

2)You will need to connect your R-232 9 pin dshell cable to the UI. You will also need a 9 pin null modem adapter (radio shack part # 260-1411) and a 9 pin female to female adapter (radio shack part# 260-1409).

3)Put caps lock on

4)Type S and hit enter. It will then display 2 choices. Select Fine Tuning on Field by typing 1 and hitting enter.

5) It will display 3 choices. Select Define Field Settings by typing 1 and hitting enter.

6)It will display 11 choices. Select List Options by typing 5 and hitting enter.

7)It will display a bunch of parameters. Select UI Unlocking parameter by typing 288 and hitting enter.

8)You should now see: Define parameter 288: Enable UI always : Current Value: Dec 0 Hex0H: New ?:__

9)Change the value to 1 by typing 1 and hitting enter.

10)Cycle mainline power and you should be able to access all functions of UI