I'm Local 80. We're the #2 fastest growing area in the US. Austin is #1 BTW. Bay Area is up there. The four guys hired is only from my company. I'm not sure what the others are doing.

Sure they hired 67 people in 3 months BUT did they fire them? NO. Are the jobs they are on lasting forever? NO. Do they lay them off just to hire off the list? NO. These 67 guys are attached to 67 mechanics that's 67 units that can be worked on. And at an average of 2-3 weeks per elevator that's roughly 20 elevators a week that is completed.

This is not including the other 900 plus mechanics and helpers. that would increase the amount of jobs completed. Including them it's what 500 units at a time 2.5 weeks a job 225 done a week? That's a lot of units complete for that level of population. Where do they go when the job is done? They go to the next job. And don't think a company won't stall a job start so they don't have to hire anyone else.

You are being absolutely delusional if you think that hire rate is going to continue. If I were ranked higher than 150 I'd be thinking about maybe doing something else or bulking up for the next round of interviews. You have to know that the companies can request a new list once the 1st Tier level of interviewee's has been hired (that's an interview grade of 95% or higher).