Originally Posted By: CraigZ
I am very curious on some success stories and some of the services/phones that worked. I have people calling the company I work for on a regular basis looking for some alternatives to POTs lines they are paying big bucks for.

Thank you for being honest and letting me know about how people are demanding a product that does exactly what I'm looking for.

Right now I can tell you that I learning towards the " The Elevator connect 1000" because it seem to be a straight forward way of doing this on a purpose built device vs the Telguard which they are trying to shoehorn a alarm product to do something it was not designed to do.

The Telguard also requires it contact the Telguard service first which is rerouted to the elevator monitoring company using a series of codes which translate into not working most of the time and with most of the devices. It has also been tested to work on the Viking 1600 and no other devices. Telguard also places them as an unnecessary middleman between in between of the call and requiring payment in a place they have no business being.

The The Elevator connect 1000 is advertised as working on all elevator phones, designed for this purpose and I think provides an immediate dial tone or connection without the middleman. I have not used this product yet but I am going to buy one soon and let you know how it goes. If the product works, I would then purchase more of them for my other buildings.

So bottom line is that Telguard is not a good product to use despite them having a big name in the alarm industry. The purpose built system to be the better way to do as far as I can tell.

Here is the product manual for the one I thinking about getting. What do you think?

http://www.esrmphones.com/files/EC-1000ProductGuide1.7.14.pdf