Hey dmart, I was never shown the actual score sheet. Do you have a copy or do you know where a copy is available? I think that information being out there would help more future applicants. I personally took the time to get several certificates related to the elevator industry after i didnt do so well in my home town of Baltimore. So when D.C. opened their recruitment about 5 months later I went in there with more ammo. It helped A LOT. Before I interviewed with Baltimore I had a few elevator mechanics that i have known for more than 10 years give me a good reference to the people that would be interviewing me as well as my father being in the trade. My father wasnt a card carrying member yet...he got called in at the age of 56 after being on the list for three years!!! So although he had only been in for about 6 months, I thought all of that combined would make me a shoe in. Well, it didnt. I scored 91 out of maybe 150+ guys and with Baltimore being a small local, i wasnt very hopeful. However, when i interviewed with D.C. I knew NO ONE. All I had were those certificates that I just recently completed and with those I was placed 32 out of over 300 people. With D.C. being the 4th largest local my chances looked a lot better and as of last week they are on #26 after only six weeks of the rankings being out. Needless to say, I am hoping to get a call very soon....

Last edited by MVM; 11/28/17 12:41 AM.