We're looking for someone to work on this older residential elevator. It behaves as if the gate switch seems to be the culprit. We have all the wiring diagrams as well as the build spec sheet, installation manual, and operators manual (we scanned everything to pdf if you want to see it). We are located in zip 35613.

We contacted the company we bought originally bought it from in 1999, but they no longer service this model. My mother is dying and will rely on this elevator for her mobility as she is getting too weak for stairs.

History of service is follows:
1999 installation complete and operation normal
~2010 elevator would intermittently stop between floors/not respond to hallway or car call buttons. It seems that opening and closing the gate manually (actuating the gate switch) would sometimes fix the issue. Elevator was no longer used because of this.
2010-2017 elevator was not regularly used, but was otherwise usable if the gate switch allowed operation
2017 my dying mother desperately needing the elevator tried a hall call switch and the elevator worked. I tested the operation several times and it seemed like the issue was gone. After a few months of perfect operation, the elevator stopped one night with her still in the car--not good. I was able to open the door (using the Dover provided tools) and get her out safely. Elevator use was again discontinued.
2018 I tried the call buttons again and no dice. Read the schematics and found where the gate switch connected to the control box on top of the car through some molex connectors. Disconnected and reconnected molex connectors just in case the connectors were the issue. No dice. Seems like the microswitch inside the gate switch might have finally died.

I'm not a technician, so I'm looking for one that can work on this unit. I'm technically minded so I can maybe help. Any assistance appreciated.

Last edited by SamirD; 02/22/18 07:23 PM. Reason: forgot to add that I'm not a tech