Hello all,
I am new to the forum and looking for help with this one. I have a Miprom 21 that keeps giving me a 27 fault when running on inspection. Fault 27 is a performance comparator trip. I have done all the recommended troubleshooting items in the books I can find but I cannot get this car to run properly. On inspection the car will not run unless I disconnect the wiring to the position encoder on the governor. If I leave it connected the car will only run about 18" and fault in either direction. It will recover and try to run again but only about 18". With the position encoder disconnected the car will run up and down the hoist way all day long without fault on inspection. In one manual I found a note that said the car WILL run on inspection with a defective or missing position encoder but this one will only do it if it's missing or disconnected. New motor encoder, new governor encoder, new MSU board, new relay pilot board and ribbon cable from pilot board to MSU board! I have tried changing combinations of channels on the encoder ie. A+ / A- or B+ / B- and nothing I have tried makes a difference. I'm sure I'm leaving some things out that I have done but this has been eating my lunch for a while now and I'm looking for some HELP!! Thanks.