Thank you so much Johnny!

I was able to get Nashville Elevator to come out and they were able to come out and take a look. First thing that was found was that the coupling between the motor and pump had a hairline crack and had fractured. That was replaced and then the elevator worked like normal and did the same thing to one of the techs--stopping while in motion. They suspected the door switch contacts since they said the same thing you did about the gate switch being quite bulletproof. Sure enough, two of the door contacts were just not making proper contact 100% of the time. They fixed that by shimming some things and it seems to be working great now.

The tech's from Nashville Elevator also mentioned it was a WOV rebranded as Dover. Good to know there's a company in Huntsville familiar with them if we ever need help again. Even though Nashville Elevator was awesome, I know the bill will be heavy.

I've learned a lot from this experience and lot about our elevator and appreciate this great forum and all your help Johnny! If you guys ever need help with computers, computer networks, cars, or photography, feel free to give me a shout. smile