Originally Posted by Travisnbb4evr
From what I’m told Otis will be hiring enough to put together 50 crews so if that’s 3 apprentices to one mechanic that’s 150 right there and that’s only one company 3 per one mechanic might be stretching it but good for a solid 100. So I’m not sure why the secretary said 100 tops, from what I have learned that’s just not true.

From the NEBA Agreement:

"Article X
Par. 2. The total number of Helpers, Apprentices and Assistant Mechanics employed shall not exceed the number of Mechanics on any one job, except on jobs where two teams or more are working, one extra Helper, Apprentice or Assistant Mechanic may be employed for the first two teams and an extra Helper,Apprentice or Assistant Mechanic for each additional three teams.Further, the Company may use as many Helpers, Apprentices and Assistant Mechanics as best suits his convenience under the direction of a Mechanic in wrecking old plants and in handling and hoisting material, and on foundation work. When removing old and installing new cables on existing elevator installations, the Company may use two Helpers, Apprentices or Assistant Mechanics to one Mechanic."

Rule of thumb: One Mechanic One Helper.

Last edited by hog451; 09/14/18 03:23 PM.