I have an ascension 2000 hydraulic that goes down about once a week. I find it at the bottom floor with DN and DNX energized on the motion board. It will be below the door zone and on the down direction limit, which de-energizes the coils on the valve but for some reason it still wants to continue going down. Shows the correct floor on the hall P.I.

When I plug in the freedomware, the mode display shows “test request”, the phase display shows “lost” and it says it’s in level 1. Shows the T1D bit for the slowdown low.

The only way to get it running is to put in on inspection on the car top and run it back into the door zone enough the the selector sees the door zone magnet. Then it will run fine.

I swapped the motion board and all its relays and the function board, but it came back in with the same fault. Traced the wiring to all the limits, found it all to be good. Checked the selector tape magnets and selector, couldn’t find any issues.

I tried swapping the processor board but after setting up the personality settings again I could not get it to learn the hoistway by setting the learn bit high on display 9. When I tried running it on auto, I kept getting faults. Swapped back the old processor board and let it run.

This is in a building with three other identical ascension 2000’s. I always clear the C display monthly in the freedomware and they have been excellent runners for years up to now.