I’d be looking at the selector guides. You don’t mention them, so I’ll comment.
Those nylon guides allow for about 1/8”total lateral movement with no real trouble. But, the wear front to back up to an 1/8” will cause the selector reader card not to see the magnetic inputs correctly, which is supoposed to match your learn profile/hole count. I’d check those on your next visit.

IIRC, once it slips past DZ, and the hole count didn’t match, your SOL, regardless of LU input and DSD being open.
Have you looked at the faults located at DISP F? This Ascension 2000 is a different bird than U.S.’s previous mp’s (1230, 1000).
Mode 5 or “Test” is default when the car craps out except for Fault F I believe.
Test request implies the same, but there are car calls yet registered, although the unit maybe out of service (door lock open for example).

There is an easier way to run the car up than gaining access to the car top, but I’ll pm that info.
Changing the nylon guides can be a pain. Looks simple enough, but poor design. If you’re going to replace them, be sure main line power is off and locked out. Phillips screwdriver is all you need and maybe a 2” paint brush to clean off all the nylon dust...oh...and good lighting over your head.