I'd like to give an update on this.

After working a week and a half resolving issues, I think the elevator is fixed!

So I went through all the parameters. All were correct. The latest CPU board we had gotten were from Kone Spares and was loaded with the job parameters. I went ahead and ran a few spare traveling cable wires to a verified building ground and made sure car was grounded good, using a grinder to take paint off the crosshead to ensure a good ground. That still didn't fix the vane reader issue.

Started looking at my inputs and out puts on my service tool while running the car on inspection at 10fpm. Changed a few parameters on the drive to allow that, as the lowest I could go was 30fpm from the tool. Started watching my DZU and DZD inputs.... DZD wasn't showing up on the service tool. Input was high on my relay pilot board. Started to poke and prod the MSU board and had DZD come in! I found that I was able to reliably get DZU and DZD to come in if I kept pressure on the MSU. Cut a piece of soft foam to wedge inbetween MSU and CPU to keep the constant pressure I was needing. Changed parameters back to run 30fpm, did a vane reader check and it passed. Did a hoistway scan and it saved!

The problem must have been in my backplane/cardrack. Have another one on its way. But right now elevator is running and customer is happy.

Thanks all yall for your comments and suggestions.