I had an overtime service call last Friday on a ThyssenKrupp TAC32 hydro - customer said the unit was down. I believe this is the only TAC32 we have on service. It does have a user interface tool (UIT) in the controller. It is pretty user friendly. The fault log on the UIT had several door faults and a couple other random faults: 1089 (Car gate closed but DCL not active), 1040 (door watchdog closing failure), 1049 (open door protection failure), 1104 (gate and lock error), 1005 (DOL was detected while HW closed),1006 (Hoistway interlock failed to close), 1007 (safety string opend during a run and caused an emergency stop), 1019 (normal limits and car position do not agree, selector lost, car position not at top or bottom landing, the I/O DL, NTST, NTSB do not agree), 1021 (a safety node is offline, inspection indicates an invalid I/O condition, the status of an I/O indicates a combination of active and inactive inputs that are not allowed).

This is 3 stops. At first if I put a car call in for 3 from the 1st floor or a call for 1 from the 3rd floor, the car call would drop out during the run. The elevator would level into 2 and stop with the doors close. If I hit 2 the doors would open or I could put a call into 1 or 3 and the elevator would take off and complete a normal run. I also noticed the floor stops were off by about 3/4".

I put the car on inspection and got on the cartop. I ran fine on cartop inspection. I got off and put it back to normal. Then I started getting door problems. The doors kept cycling like it was not seeing the correct sequence of gate lock, door lock, and DCL making up. I put the car back on inspection. I used the manual door open and door close buttons and the gate switch, door lock, and door close limit appeared to be lined up correctly.

Eventually, I just relearned the doors, adjusted the floor stops, and did a jack resync. It ran without a single fault. I cycled the power just to see if maybe there was a memory issue. The changes I made held. I stopped by the job Monday when I was in the neighborhood hitting other maintenance stops. There was not a single fault logged from the weekend and it was running great.

Friday afternoon, we did have a bunch of thunderstorms hit the area. I asked around. Someone told me that if a TAC32 loses power during a run, these problems can happen.

I was just wondering if anybody else has experienced something similar to this on a TAC32?

This also has 2 stage telescoping jacks. I do have a couple other Dover jobs (DMC controllers) that have twin post telescoping jacks. I have heard that guys use Catepillar oil additive to help relieve stick-slip problems on noisy jacks. Does the catepillar oil help?