Hi all, I am not an elevator tech, but running maintenance on a building.
I am new to this building and don't know it 100%, to top it off i am new to elevator inspections as well.
I would not name the company we are contracted with to maintain our elevators but in the contract they are obliged to run cat I pressure test annually.
Last year or beginning of this one they updated one of the elevators and did a pressure test on it, i do not know what the upgrade was and when was the pressure test whether before or after the upgrade.
I also do not know whether the village inspector was present or not, to cut the story short, i had a village inspection couple of days a go and naturally he failed three out of the four elevators because "cat I pressure expired".
I spoke to the elevator company rep and he told me that when they would do the test the village inspector needs to be present.
I also live in a building and when they did a pressure test i did not see any village inspector.
My question is, is it required by code/law/regulation for third party inspector to be present on site when your company does the cat I Pressure test?