I’ve had trouble in the past trying to help someone on a DMC with the World tool. I’ve never used it and it doesn’t translate will with the original FAST tool.
But, the time you saw values for floor positions but not in the saved field, that’s what it should look like until you save. (SEL PAR 0 SAVE on a FAST tool)
I usually do the scan from the machine room because it’s easier but as soon as something isn’t right I go to the car top so I can see the LED on the selector. No point running all the way to the top of the LED isn’t solid. When you put the car on the bottom limit, before you start running up the selector status should say SUP and the LED should be on solid. Run nonstop to the top limit, then bump the car down off the limit. If the scan was successful it will level in when you take it off inspect. Then you save and make sure the floor counts move from working value to saved. It’s also possible the selector isn’t counting. You can verify phase A and phase B are changing state with a meter at the selector and you can see if the CLC is seeing phase B change state through a variable.