2 speed AC. DG is direction holding relay. Horrible use of DG as a designation of direction holding in my opinion...

After searching numerous similar prints I have found the other area I mentioned. This is in fact a double wound coil. The other area shows it to be with the leveling switches, and its listed as "buck-out" The leveling switches are DPDT. I have ordered rebuild kits for them. These are explosion proof switches so replacement switches are many weeks out. Once rebuilt I am hoping the problem is fixed. Job is around 4 hours away.

From what I can decipher, once the car hits my down leveling, a set of NO contacts on my down leveling switch, (or perhaps on my up leveling switch) are hitting prematurely causing my DG to "buck-out".

I actually got out one of my old books from NEIEP that had buck-out listed. That term isn't exactly used in modern elevators now days. This is my last OTIS at this facility, hoping to be modding next year.

I have a variety of controls on this job site.

Galaxy, Otis, Miprom21(recently modded), EC, ESCO, GAL Relay Logic, and Miprom 1's. Along with 5 rack and pinions (Alimak and Champion)