I completed the IBEW Inside Wiremans apprenticeship program prior to completing the IUEC NEIEP apprenticeship program. The IBEW program was two nights a week and one eight hour Saturday per month. If you scored less then a 70% on any of your final tests you were out. If you missed more than two classes you were out. The IUEC program was more laxxed, one night a week. If you failed a course you could retake it. If you missed days you could make them up. The IBEW program administrator would make employer changes quite often to give us different work experience. If you're not careful in the IUEC you could end up cleaning and stacking rails with the same company for 5 years. I was quite fortunate to get a little bit of experience in all aspects of both of the trades. The elevator trade is so much more complex and dangerous. You are forever learning new things. You can't beat the IUEC pay/benefits. Only trade off is most elevators/escalator work is in the big cities (commute, cost of living, ect.). Electrical work is everywere. Both trades will provide a great living. I love being an elevator man!