I'm a newer Elevator Mechanic and Forman on the Jobsite I'm now, and as busy as our office is, I'm trying to do everything that I can to be as self sufficient in completing everything as best as I can before adjusters come wrap things up.

My question specifically has to do with the flashing hat jewel in the COP that has to go off under certain smokes have been triggered. (Machine Room / Hostway). I understand that the EFO module will take cars to the primary, ASL will take cars to alternate, and that if a hoistway or MR specific smoke is triggered, the cars in that shaft or MR have to display a flashing hat jewel to alert the firefighters of the location of the fire before they try to use PH II.

Looking at the print it's pretty clear where everything lands, although I don't understand or have found any procedures on how to separate that flashing hat to go off in each car under the specific circumstances. I say that because it looks like it lands on BO1 plug and distributed to all the other cars in the group by the CCP. But I have 3 elevators, duplex and a simplex, and 2 MR's, one with of the duplex cars by itself and the other MR housing the controllers for the simplex and the other duplex car.

That being said, its understood that that if one of the devices go off in the the machine room / hoistway only the effected cars need to be flashing their respective jewel.

Is there anyone that can explain or help me understand if there is programming that is done with either addressing or I/O's that can make the system work? Or do I need more modules from the low voltage/fire alarm guys?

Thanks!