I don't like them for 2 major reasons.

1st is software. IF you have software issues getting it resolved can be difficult and time consuming. However, when corrected it will most likely be good until you do something like Door Lock Monitoring and smartrise never updated the files, so you need to start all over with the "bugs" in the software.

2nd tech support. They are the worst for tech support. I filed a complaint with the BBB because they told me if you don't buy "X" amount of controllers from them a year you get moved to the back of the que. Waiting hours for the "call back" that normally comes super late in NYC like 7pm. This results in overtime charges for the customer and many hours of useless billing for the customer. Tech support just reads from a screen and have little knowledge of elevators so sooner or later they will tell you "We need a senior tech" and now you go back into the que waiting hours (again) for a call back. I now record the conversations with the Tech Support and make them send an email to keep a paper trail. If anyone wants to see the weeks of emails for this project we have in NY where the problem was software and they couldn't figure it out for literally 2 weeks (10 days half that was waiting for call backs) at what point they sent us new software but was never updated with all the changes made for floor lock outs, floors taken out of service, parking, PI changes. I sent them the job download and they still couldn't update.

My preference is MCE or ESI. If you call tech support, they are calling you back within an hour (usually). The prints have 90% of the information needed to fix almost all the elevators but yes sometimes you need to call tech support. Both of these companies have the software down to a science, so you don't need to worry about that. I also like them because they are more mechanical with relays and are safer.

This is my opinion.

I like elevators and cars. Be Smart Work Safe!