No idea on PTL fixtures. But maxtons are really good valves too. Half the hydros on my route have maxtons. I'm just a little partial to Blain because I'd installed and adjusted so many of them. I dont think you can go wrong with either. Where your going wrong is installing stuff like Bucher valves that have a seperate control board and power supply to control the variable voltage valve coil. Unless your intentionally trying to put in the most complicated and highest number of parts to break system possible to try to make big money off the customer in the future it's insane. Valve technology has already peaked and been refined. There's a reason the best in the business (maxton/Blain/eco) use simple 4 valve coil valves...

The innovation buttons are really nice too. We did a mod on a tac 20 where you could baaaaarely tell if the call had latched because the blue ring around the button was so dim. We put innovation buttons with blue leds in on that job and the customer and us were thrilled with them. The GAL ones are just tanks. They seem to get corroded or dirty contacts over the decades in some systems (low voltage like mce iboxs) but I never have to go replace them because a passenger broke it like I do with tac 20 and ecospace buttons. In my experience the only time ive had issues with plastic parts breaking on GAL buttons was when whoever installed it tightened the screws way too much and cracked the plastic.