It doesn't make sense to hold from hiring off the list because they wouldn't obstruct demand when there is work. If there was a slowing in the work part I can see that being the case.

Next I wouldn't look too hard into it she could be frustrated with calls. I called and received similar attitude even though I was asking about something else but she may have misunderstood what I was really asking and assumed it was list related.

Also I noticed if you call early day you get a dispatcher which could be who the commenter spoke with. I've called later in the day in the past and got someone different who seemed less restrictive on information if you were polite enough.

My advice will be not calling unless you have a legitimate question and with your best polite voice see if they will supply information. We must rely on each other and post when our numbers get called.

This year is an extension year so don't be surprised they start sending out emails to reapply for interviews and begin the process of creating a new list. So reapply if you haven't been called yet just in case.