Changing the operator doesn't mean the clutch is being changed by default. I've ​done two mods on tac-20s and installed a movfr operator and we retained the original TKE clutch, and restrictor. Use a connecting link that bolts to the door, sees part gdo-235, Instead of the gal clutch. Mount the operator a little more towards the return side on the cartop and bolt the door link towards the return side of the door.

Honestly tks clutches are not bad. The nice thing with a tk clutch is it doesn't rely on the connecting links angle to retract the vane on the clutch, meaning the drive arm doesn't have to actually connect to the clutch itself . If your going to go through all the trouble to replace the clutch I'd be thinking of new cab/hatch doors made for GAL clutch/pickup rollers. There's really no gain in going to a gal clutch if keeping the tk doors, they're made so differently, then you have to Jerry rig the pickup rollers onto the tk hatch doors, and possibly create issues with the depth of clutch and pickup rollers not working out. I'd just buy a new tk clutch and replace it so it's new as well, as a part of the mod.

I have one job on my route where my company (long before i came here) did exactly what your saying, they put a gal clutch and pickup rollers on tac 20 doors. It was a hack job. It's a pita to open a door, the bar from pickup rollers to hook bill is too far away from hole in the door, you need a three section extra long drop key.

Having seen it done both ways, my vote is on a gal operator and tk clutch. It's just a much cleaner and in my opinion better option.