It depends... do you want top notch simplicity and reliability? Go with Virginia mh3000.

The only benefit to smartrise is the ease of installation. If you don't have mechanics that know how to wire simple things like pushbuttons this is a benefit. With va controls you don't keep boards on hand, you won't need them. Smartrise is another story... theres three boards on a v2 smartrise and tons of delicate expensive parts. I vote va controls all day long.

Your bigger concern is the canton package cantilevered roped hydro. Every one of those we installed was poorly designed with regards to the releasing carrier on the car. It was a two way spring contraption that if the car bounced at all or someone jumped in it, it would throw the SOS switch and cause an entrapment. Hopefully they've refined their design some. It was hard to adjust the valves because if I adjusted for a moderate slowdown and 1-2 seconds of leveling we were having issues with the safeties due to the releasing carrier again. I had to adjust the valves for a long slow transition, acceleration and deceleration. Hopefully yall won't have the same issue, it sounds like your customer is looking for fast. Especially since you said this car has a Porta Gate operator? Why doesn't it have a movfr operator with real doors? I'm real concerned this cars going to be too light (bouncy).

We had one canton three stop cantilevered car in a residence, it had 8' tall munce two speed side slide doors. Crazy to me to spend that much money and get the kiddy version car gate..

I also must note, whoever thought it was a good idea to put a jawless governor in the pit, no tail sheave the weight of the governor/springs is the only tension and no solenoids to remotely trip/reset the governor. I really hope they've done something differently there too.