Seems like it's going to be a really cool elevator when it's done. With the vintage style cab and all.

I don't want to scare you by any means, just what I've had happen in the past. The cars we had issues with were single jack cantilevered roped hydro cantons. And the root of the problems on those wasnt necessarily the roped/cantilevered design but the releasing carrier being a nightmare. It's been 8 years or so since we put a couple of those in, I'm hopeful they've had enough feedback to tweak the design there.

The governor though is just a huge PITA to test. Horrible location to put a non remote tripping governor in the pit. Want to guess what else is in pits too? Water. If there was an option on the order form to get that out of the pit, I'd select it.

I absolutely love canton. I think they are some of the best equipment on the market. Real elevators built with thick steel like the good old days, not these rattling tin cans that are becoming the norm.

That being said va controls has been doing this for many decades. Ive put in many many hydros with mh300 controllers. 99%+ have never had one control related issue ever. I'm in service only now and am seeing some mh3000s after they are 20-30 years old need the relays on the I/O board for the valve coils replaced. That's real good compared to my smartrise cars I take care of. I have two installed in 2017 v2 controllers that have needed multiple SRU boards each, door lock boards, handfuls of smartrises expensive force guided SF1 and SF2 relays. Those two are in a group of 2. Across the hall is two old Westinghouse tractions modded 10 years ago with MCE iBox's and the iboxs have Maybe 10-20% as many callbacks as the smartrises do.