Funny you say that about Alliance, that was my most recent Smartrise install with the bad board upon arrival. I was subbed out for that job so I never saw ordering process. Also that was my first alliance install, my only gripe with that unit is there was several threads on the sling that had to be re-tapped because it was full of weld splatter and the bolts were cross threading. PITA when your rockn and have to stop and rethread. Also the pit template was not accurate and had to be cut onsite to match BBG& DBG. The jack followers are a good design.

My Canton plans originally call for OSG in the over head (remote- trip governor) but I recently requested for it to be in the pit. There will be no access door or car top station. The cartop is open sloped fencing design with a pendant at the peak.
It would be tricky and unsafe to sit on top.

My gut was saying Virginia originally but then I was leaning Smartrise. "Cobra" has installed hundreds and said they don't have issues. He says Virginia for hydro and Motion for traction and that the end of the story.

Most likely MH3000 it will be. Alpha I have never seen or heard of, but that's not saying much. Certainly resembles a Smartrise but presents some nice features from the brochure JJR posted.

The better the effort, the better the result.