Well in that case a pit governor makes sense for sure. Could they do remote trip soldnoids like on an ecospace? My biggest pain with a pit mount is the ones I have are them jawless governors and they have no trip solenoid. Huge PITA to test. I refuse to put a man under the car in harms way. And I do not want to trip it by overspeeding the car on an annual test, only on a 5 year.

Isn't the vision 2.0 a serial link controller? The mh3000 is microprocessor based but not serial link, all devices are discrete and hardwired. I dont feel that's a successor to the mh3000, it's a different type of controller for different market demands. It's removing all the serial link bs and giving you crazy good reliability of a microprocessor. Some companies prefer that over the quicker install of a serial link type controller. I applaud VA for recognizing theres still a demand and continuing to offer the mh3000 while also offering other options too.

The mce 2000 is a good controller too. They have proven to be good reliable controllers. Similar to mces hmc1000 but alot was updated and there's an event log to help troubleshoot intermittent issues.

I would second Cobras advice. Va controls is great in this situation, but I would want mce iboxs if it's a traction. I have a bunch of gearless torin machines with mce iboxs. I don't think it can get better.