No way you will get a decent ride out of a Canton Roped hydro with the package you are doing. As others have mentioned way to light and you will have to much bounce. You may need to add weight in the sling/platform. I would look at a Bucher hydraulic valve (must purchase thru Schumacher) it will help with the lightweight bounciness. But I'd really recommend a deeper pit with a set of twin ram telescopic jacks. It will be a better ride and a simpler system for reliability.

Have you talked to your inspector about this application? At 150FPM, you will not be allowed to permit it as a residential unit, it will need to be permitted as a commercial unit in a residential setting. The birdcage design is a problem with commercial applications and most likely as a residential as well. I don't think you will have a choice but to put in an inspection station, but your local authority may grant you variances, talk to them before you put your foot in your mouth with the customer.

Porta door operators are garbage IMO, give them an AMD or GAL operator. I don't see this elevator being lightly used like Porta operators are built for.

As far as controller, you will have a landing system with all of them but if you go Virgina or VMI you could do magnets on the rails with built type sensors as they don't require the perforated tape. You could do steppers on one side of the rail and DZ/LU/LD on the other side.