I agree with LAmech. I don't think it's really that big of a deal, harmonic and linear operators have coexisted for many decades and I think for a few more probably. They both work very well and each have their own advantages. There's a reason GAL sells so many operators. There's still a big demand for them in the independent market where we put in what works best for us/the customer. There's a whole lot of equipment reaching the age for a mod that has harmonic operators coming up. Thinking LRVs, DMCs, etc. Heck the LRVs have GAL operators on them already. I wouldn't dream of going in and modding say an LRV and creating tons of headaches trying to stick a linear operator on it.

As far as none of the big 4 using harmonic operators on their new stuff, I don't believe for a second thats just because linear operators are just the best there is. I believe that is because they're following a bigger market trend.. build cheap cookie cutter elevators that can be built quickly and using as many common parts as possible. By using linear operators they accomplish a couple things. They can use one operator for various door opening sizes and cut cab costs down. And they also don't have to train mechanics in the physics and adjusting harmonic operators. And if your car door is interlocked you also dont have to spend money on fascia or installing fascia. It's all about the money.