I've installed symmetry and a lot of savaria.

Savaria, good solid equipment IF installed very meticulously and well. It's easy to do a not top notch install and it'll show. If you do a good job they are good solid units. The biggest issue with them is the crappy valves they use. Poor ride quality. They use a two coil valve, down valve stem and proportional valve which is a variable speed valve which controls speed by varying coil voltage. They had a quite poor ride quality usually
and after years their upgrade was to replace the in house valve control board with an entire dedicated PLC to control the valve better. Still not as good as a real elevator valve (blain/maxton). The biggest issues stem around leveling and releveling. Get the jig for squaring the rail leaf brackets. It'll be well worth it. Easiest installed off small scaffolding, cut down baker scaffolding to only 36" long walk boards. Door operator is a PITA. Again, you must be meticulous and be very consistent to get their door equipment to work well. Have to shim the hanger rollers to the door to get clutch to be plumb etc. PLC based controller with a second PLC for the valves and a serial network to connect devices.

Symmetry is good quality equipment. IMO better than savarias. Good quality Blain valve with 4 coils. Top to bottom more well designed equipment. GAL operator and door equipment. Simpler controller with alot less to fail. PLC based controller.

Either manufacturer, get a rupture valve instead of a governor. They both work but it's alot easier to do 5 Years with a rupture valve than all you need to do with the governor which is always in the top of the shaft and a PITA to get to.

I no longer work for either of those companies or install savaria or symmetry, I have no skin in the game but if I was in the position to choose between those I would pick symmetry for sure.

Symmetry also makes IMO the best home elevators out there. I've installed inclinators (every kind), Waupaca (POS), Cambridge, symmetry and worked on a host of other home elevators like Matots, savarias, Otis, them vacuum tube deals. If I was putting a home elevator in my home, out of what's currently on the market it would be a chain drive Mrl symmetry. (Really though I'd buy my own components and make my own relay logic controller and buy a winding drum machine/rail/cab from inclinator and build my own).