Insane. I literally almost posted a thread on this exact topic last night asking for the IC numbers gal hides to order a handful. What I've found now on 3 different recent jobs: a brand new movfr, red line on the u5 chip, new GAL scan guard curtains. But the scanguard curtains don't work at all. Those jobs what we ended up having to do was rip off the scan guards, and install formula systems curtains, same u5 chip, the formula systems curtains work perfectly.

I didn't post because I checked the manual and found the pinout for the different brand curtains and wanted to rule out GAL wiring the curtains wrong from the factory. But the operator I did I think I remember checking and trying different ways of wiring the scanguards besides how they were sent from the factory but they would not work. Also I can't remember but I thought I read a long time ago gal had different u5 chips for different curtains. Also I read in the movfr manual that that u5 chip is programmed. Kind of hard to believe though. I have never heard of a hybrid IC that's a programmable type of memory like flash or eeprom but also has an optocoupler or something of that nature in the same chip. Its also only 8 pins. Possible but seems unlikely, its more likely gal is trying to make lots of money scraping the numbers off a 25 cent IC

I would LOVE to get IC numbers so I can order some of them and have them on the truck. And also would like to know if there's more than one chip for different curtains.