Here is an old school tip from one of the old school boys that I used to work with. The IBM relays have a plastic piece on the bottom of the coil to the relay. This plastic piece starts out white. Over the years the piece turns yellow and dries out and becomes very brittle. This plastic will then break a peice off due to the relay picking and dropping. When a small piece of the plastic breaks sometime it will fall and keep the relay from picking intermitantly. The best thing to do is to take a small screwdriver or an orange peeling stick and tap all the plastic pieces till you find the ones that are brittle. When you find those they are usually darker than the rest, you break the plastic off of the relay coil altogether. I have never had a problem with these gone, But I have had so many jobs that I have cleaned up just by doing this. Those little pieces that break off can cause such nightmares that I can't even begin to tell you.
I have the composite adjusters manual on pdf if anyone wants it. Just email me and I will try to get it to you. no guarentees but I will try.