Originally Posted By: aquadag
Oh and as far as the big guys watching. Otis's intranet is the place that I was told about this site. They directed me here years ago. So yes they probably watch. But more for people selling their service tools and manuals. Give them away and what can they do? lol smile Just don't sign anything ever. Yes Otis directs some of their guys to this place so I guess they aren't really against it.

I can assure you that Big O did and does not point anyone here for help, advice, comradere, or anything. On the site you mentioned, a poster pointed out this site as well as the old "Elevator Discussion Forum" link powered by a MIT server, administered by David Greenspun at least 10 years previous to this site.

http://reocities.com/wallstreet/1484/floor6.htm

That site was shut down as well.

As you know the Big O page you refer to is no longer available, with ANY kind of discussion forum. (Don't know why but I suspect links to external sites.) Internal is Internal. And ANYONE posting on this site should be very CAREFUL. It's very easy to sit back and say F'Em. And it's another thing entirely to be sitting in a room full of lawyers, and F'Em is usually not one of the answers they like to hear. grin

IP law if very complex and beyond the understanding of, I would guess, everyone on this forum. In this world of yearly advances in technology IP is taken very seriously, with the possible exception of the Chinese. :grin

And that goes for all the majors. They have all spent millions on software and hardware development which is the reason IP law has become so prevelant.

Even the Non-Proprieatary companies aint as transparent as would seem. Call MCE and ask for the source code for their I Box or the hardware schematics for their boards and check on the response.

Last edited by Broke_Sheave; 07/05/13 03:28 AM.

It Don't mean a thing if it aint got that swing.

Cool, Free, Johnny Smith courtesy of NPR..HERE
http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/asc/asc25.smith.asx