I love 330a's, especially for troubleshooting. The feedback from the controller is awesome. The ride of the 330 isn't always the best, mostly from the rails in my opinion. A good sanding job and sanding the back of the follower guides (yep thats where they clunk) will reward the mechanic with a smooth ride. Replacing the CPU board will take care of most 94 and AST faults and is accomplished in under 30 minutes. The soft starter is easy to replace and I've been losing them on a regular basis, but they are made by Siemens and are also found in TAC20's. Other than the odd power supply failing I can't say I've ever had a 330 throw me a left hook. I consider these to be the friendliest elevators I've ever worked on.

Now, the LRV drives me beserk because of those stupid little wires and cheap harnesses and the fact the the CPU (in the car station) is often affected by interference.
The MVRF is a good source of deep cycle batteries for all the boats and rvs your elevator friends have, especially when they've only been in use for a few years. I believe the gearbox has helical gears too. They're just not fun to troubleshoot without training.

I used to hate DMCs until I went to bat with one that had shorted phases at the control transformer. Cooked damn near everything on the other side before blowing the fuses. After replacing every board on it and setting it up from scratch I began to feel more comfortable. I have a busy shopping mall with DMCS and WC (wire relay) and I have to credit the fact that they just run and run and run and give me very little trouble.

Now whoever designed the TMS200 should be dragged out in the street. I had word from a Finnish engineer that it was a control system and drive borrowed from a Kone Crane and adapted for elevator use.
TMS516's also fall under that category for me
TMS600's at least have a user interface to give you some comfort in your misery.
and you know while I'm at it, I'm going to throw a TMS50 under the bus too.

and EECO valves, because they're just Crap to adjust even after all these years. Why can't they emulate Maxton and allow you to control the settings independently? Why do they come out of adjustment on a regular basis? Why must every setting affect another setting requiring you to start over and re check everything you've just done? Why must they sit and provoke you, gloating in their ugly casting and vibrating a chorus of discontent to everyone who rides the lift?