Who's Online Now
0 members (), 123 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#19466 02/07/17 02:43 AM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
N
nvatorm
nvatorm
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
I changed the packing on a tac 20 and left power off for 2 days b/c I had the wrong size and had to overnight the correct packing.

I finished the repack and turned power back on and the elevator:
1) will only run on inspect.
2) will level up or down to a floor but always about 2 inches low.
3) I swapped the selector with a known good
4) I swapped all the 24vdc & 110vac relays with the exception of the 12 at the bottom of the main controller board. (there are 12 and some of them control the valves)

I was told that the battery on the cpu may not have had enough power to hold the programming for 2 days, would this cause the problem I have? What else could it be?

nvadorm #19470 02/07/17 04:34 AM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
N
nvatorm
nvatorm
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
5) The elevator doors will sometimes open and then close slowly after the car levels down to the 1st landing when I take it off of inspect.

When I reset the door operator it usually does a learn run, but now it just opens and closes slowly once.

nvadorm #19474 02/07/17 05:23 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 909
jkh Offline
4 Ever Learning.
4 Ever Learning.
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 909
Are you using a service tool?
Did you create a job file?
When was the battery last changed?
What faults are shown on the tool?


Make good choices,

JKH
jkh #19477 02/08/17 12:17 AM
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
Does (2003) mean it was put in in 2003 or it's a TAC20-03?

You are really going to need IMS to get any further with this.

Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
N
nvatorm
nvatorm
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 29
The 3v battery on the main control board wasn't making good contact. I spun it around to look at the model number and the elevator started working on automatic.

2003 was the installation year.

No service tool frown ... Although I would like to get one.

Where is the best place to get a service tool?
Vertical Express?
Anywhere else?
Will they only work for a specific job or specific elevator?
Do you have to renew them annually?


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.170s Queries: 23 (0.059s) Memory: 3.0155 MB (Peak: 3.5922 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 02:51:34 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS