Who's Online Now
0 members (), 74 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27342 07/05/19 09:07 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
Hello,

Is it possible to force an IO on with a handheld from the controller? I’ve been working on an E411 controller and the car and controller are not close by. I would like to be able to put the car on independent from the controller and when I get to the car be able plug my hand held in from the car station and simply revert the independent IO back to normal when I get there. I have an OCSS manual but it doesn’t say what a specific IO parameter is. Any help would be great.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
The input should be at address 391. Disable write protect, go to 1-3-2, hit 3-9-1 Enter. If it’s a 000, make it 010, if it’s 010, make 000, Enter. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, I’ve never done this specifically.

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
Thank you for the reply. How did you know to use “000” or “010” for that specific input. I know “000” normally means to turn off a parameter, but does “010” mean to turn it on? And does this apply to all other IO’s or just this one specifically?

I also attached two sheets. One is from a 2006 manual and the other from 1989. The controller I have was put in around 1990. So I’ve been going off of the 1989 manual. In that manual they have independent listed as IO #179.

In the 2006 manual they have it as 391, like you said. Should I go off of the 1989 or 2006 manual?
Attachments

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I say 010 because that’s how it works when you turn off/on the doors and disable hall calls on 311/411. Again, I’ve never tried with independent. Best case, you have an I/O list on site. If not, I’d go with the manual closest to the vintage of your 411 first. Either way though, if you’re going to turn something on or off that you are not 100% sure of, make sure you have full control of the car and don’t let it run without changing the I/O back if it was not Independent.

Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 132
D
member
member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 132
i/o 2490 change it cancels hall calls an i/o323 will finish car calls, then your car to bring to floor you want it at

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
Thank you, your method was correct. The 2006 manual was the correct one for me. And it was possible to force the independent input on from the handheld.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.050s Queries: 27 (0.007s) Memory: 3.0212 MB (Peak: 3.5923 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 02:03:19 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS