Who's Online Now
0 members (), 74 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36344 12/05/23 08:29 PM
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 14
H
stranger
stranger
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 14
I have a MPH-2 that electric eyes were upgraded to door screen years ago. Recently had a door board bad and replaced it. It currently will ignores the door screen once the door begins to close (works normally if door is fully open). I’ve checked open and close limit inputs. I can see photos eye inputs change state with service tool. I’ve swapped car IO boards with one another, changed MHC board, all with no change. Anyone ever run into something similar ?

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
member
member
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 198
Replacing the board is just plug and play,
has anyone worked on the wiring?

Is it a TDC board?

the TDC and HVM receive the "door screen" input at the same time,
and should open even if the HVM input fail, is like a redundancy

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
Ya, the TDC boards won’t even close from the manual switches with the photo eye in the wrong state. I’ve seen the boards get replaced more than once because of it. So I would make it simple and test from the manual switches. Use a jumper to make sure it works correctly without the detector.

Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 14
H
stranger
stranger
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 14
Just to clarify it does close but it just won’t reopen when you put your hand in front of the door screen. It just continues to close even though I can see the electric eye signal on service tool is activated.

Door screen will stay the door open if I put my hand in front of it AND the door is fully open.
But after door begins to close it will not reopen with door screen.

(Door screen has been replaced already)

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
E
addict
addict
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579
Likes: 6
Is the commanded output to the operator board changing state from close to open?

Honestly I've never worked on the door boards on one of these but I'm wondering if your open torque is too low and the door doesn't have the torque to stop and reverse? Or close speed to high?

I guess I'm trying to narrow down between an control failure on one of the boards vs an adjustment issue

Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 14
H
stranger
stranger
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 14
Ended up being door operator board was latching the door close signal. Replaced it again, working normally. Thanks everyone for there responses.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.049s Queries: 26 (0.009s) Memory: 3.0193 MB (Peak: 3.5922 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 02:02:36 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS