|
|
|
0 members (),
74
guests, and
2
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
S |
M |
T |
W |
T |
F |
S |
|
|
|
|
|
1
|
2
|
3
|
|
4
|
5
|
6
|
7
|
8
|
9
|
10
|
|
11
|
12
|
13
|
14
|
15
|
16
|
17
|
|
18
|
19
|
20
|
21
|
22
|
23
|
24
|
|
25
|
26
|
27
|
28
|
29
|
30
|
31
|
|
|
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
| |
Most Online3,137 Apr 9th, 2026
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778 |
I need to order hanging blocks and chain falls. I need chain falls with long chains. Does anyone know a good supplier. Crap is super expensive
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778 |
What are you mechanics out there using ? Not for hanging cars. But for hoisting. Like doing a traction dismantling , rail installations, or telescopic seal replacement where you have to hang multiple pistons and headers high ?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520 Likes: 2
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520 Likes: 2 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579 Likes: 6
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579 Likes: 6 |
CM or Harrington are the best.
I have a 1 ton 30 foot fall for repacking 2 stage jacks. Pay up, order what you need once and take care of it. At least that's how I feel about rigging equipment. I'll cheap out elsewhere
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579 Likes: 6
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579 Likes: 6 |
I also seen a Harrington 1/2 ton lever hoist the other day I'm jealous of. 1000 pound capacity, 20 or 30 foot chain but so small and light it would fit in a tool bag.
I used a 1/4 lever hoist to swap out a sheave not long ago. I'm really liking lever hoists, smaller than a regular fall and they can free chain, so you can have a nice real long chain and takes 2 seconds to run it to the length you need to rig
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579 Likes: 6
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 579 Likes: 6 |
For jacks, the 30 foot falls great, I rig off the I beam and have enough chain to get all the sections in and out without changing my rigging
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778 |
I only see the Harrington mini in 10 foot chain Max
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 778 |
How do you use a lever with a 30 foot chain ? You need to be all the way up top by pick point ?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520 Likes: 2
addict
|
|
addict
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520 Likes: 2 |
Yes, or you need to use a chain fall.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 909
4 Ever Learning.
|
|
4 Ever Learning.
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 909 |
Make good choices,
JKH
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 281 Likes: 5
enthusiast
|
|
enthusiast
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 281 Likes: 5 |
You don't need to be at the top for a lever hoist. You just hang the hook at top and the lever and the body down where you are.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|