Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#38319 10/04/24 08:42 PM
Joined: Jul 2024
Posts: 3
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2024
Posts: 3
Have an Otis 411 with corrupted software will no longer let me change parameters. Have contacted unitech to get new chips but they say they can't preprogram them and I have no other units to copy the software from. Anyone might have some software and could help me out?

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I once had this problem on an 411 and just copying them to new chips fixed it.

Joined: Jul 2024
Posts: 3
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2024
Posts: 3
Even with them being corrupted I can still use the software off the old chips?

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
It worked for me but it was like 10 years ago

Joined: Aug 2023
Posts: 53
T
journeyman
journeyman
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2023
Posts: 53
There's three different types of chips on an Otis E411 RCB II board which is the OCSS in the system. I am assuming you are talking about that, rather than the MCSS or other components with software in them.

There are always two EPROMs that contain the standard "baseline" software for the OCSS. These are locations Z37 and Z52.

There MAY be two additional "contract software" chips, which are also EPROMs with job-specific software for adding customer-required features to the OCSS. These are locations Z36 and Z53.

The EPROMs will have an opaque UV-proof sticker on them that should have the software version printed on them. If not, you should be able to use the Service Tool (black) or Otis Field Tool (blue) to access the software version information. With that information, you should be able to get a copy from Unitech (assuming they will sell it to you). Or, you should be able to copy the chips from another E411 car's OCSS assuming it has the same version. Often, maintenance companies will take a snapshot of the chips contents as a backup, so check with your company office.

Normally if the EPROMs are corrupted, the OCSS won't run, or you will experience random resets of the RCB II when it tries to execute the corrupted software routines.

In addition, you will always have two contract data EEPROMs. These are locations Z34 and Z49. The data in this sets the configuration of the OCSS. If you don't have a backup, you can start with a copy from another job and try to reconfigure the data to match the affected elevator's configuration. There are a LOT of parameters and this is not for the faint-hearted. The I/Os will be shown on the diagrams, so you can definitely see what ones are used and figure out what address and pin they are using, but you'll still need the OCSS documentation to know what I/O numbers each of them are in order to set them up.

If your EEPROMs go bad, which can happen because of excessive writes, you should be able to copy them to a fresh set of chips. It's possible that whatever data location(s) can't be written may have slightly weird data in them, depending on what exactly went wrong when they were last written to.

Good luck!

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
Ya I should’ve been more specific. In my case, it was the EEPROMS U20 & U21 on the MLB3’s CPU. Still have them archived so was able to check. I want to say it was MCSS parameter Velocity Normal that kept changing to a huge number. All other parameters were fine so after copying to new chips we could set it to the right value.
Sounds to me like you have an EEPROM problem too. Could be OCSS or MCSS depending on which parameters you aren’t able to change.

Last edited by Indirtwetrust; 10/05/24 04:10 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.132s Queries: 26 (0.050s) Memory: 3.0212 MB (Peak: 3.5923 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 03:34:38 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS