Who's Online Now
0 members (), 56 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39322 04/07/25 08:12 AM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 59
C
Ex Chief
Ex Chief
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 59
I originally posted this in the code forum but I didn't get any responses so I thought I would repost here. "Looking at a modernization to an old sidewalk elevator job in NYC. Very old unit, originally a water hydro, modernized in 1990's to an oil hydro. The elevator has 3 stops, currently SB to B call and send, and operable from the cab, B to street operated from a plug in lanyard at street level. I have been researching the codes and it looks like there was a major change to the code in 2009 but I don't have that edition. Can anyone tell me if it is still acceptable to have controls in the cab or provide a copy of the code?"

Thanks
Chris


Chris Kenlan
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
addict
addict
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 520
Likes: 2
Please see comment in the Code Question forum.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.039s Queries: 18 (0.011s) Memory: 2.9984 MB (Peak: 3.5923 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 00:28:37 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS