I'm from the states but have talked to elevator men from around the globe and its the same story when it comes to the majors. It has been a race to the bottom where price vs quality has been the goal. But there may be a glimmer of hope. Our company is the largest employer of IUEC members in the state. And now the majority of our local is now employed by independent companies!!!! I can only hope that these new companies supply quality service like we do and let the majors fight over the owners that chase the cheapest price. I have been told by people from all over that you couldn't do that in New Your or Chicago (be a quality maintenance provider that is higher cost than the majors) But the same was said of St. Louis when we started here and then in Kansas city. We were contacted by the customers who ask us to come to their city because they needed better service. And it is happening again in another city in another state! So there is room for Quality companies in every major city. Hospitals and hotels, airports cannot wait a month or two for their special elevator motor to be replaced. Are for a machine shop to make contacts for their controller. These are things companies tell their customers when the part is in Adams parts book and could be there the next day! So you can be the cheapest or the best but rarely can you be both. So my vote is to be the best.