Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
Hey guys,

So I have a TAC 20 that was hit with water, and Damaged a few boards. So far we changed out the car top, car station, and main controller board. After reloading software, we were able to get the car running from hall calls. However I have no communication with the car station. No buttons In car station work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was told that I may have to program the car station board in order to get communication. Any tips on programming the board? (I have the software to program; I'm just not to familiar with the program itself)

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
member
member
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
Does it have LON?

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
Sorry forgot to mention that, yes it does

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
member
member
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
LN board in COP. Try to just Bind Nodes but you might have to replace LN, and L24 boards in COP.

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
Update:

Ln and L24 boards have been changed. Tried binding nodes( I get a "node domain update failed"). Still no communication. We are currently trying to get a hold of a Lon talk adapter. Does the Lon board get programmed through ims?
Thanks for the reply and help.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
member
member
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
You have to have Lon talk adapter to bind nodes. Yes, IMS/Advanced Lon Manager.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
Ya that LN card needs the loncnfg. But so does the 188e, how did you replace the 188e without Advanced LON Manager? Are the hall calls wires discretely? Maybe I'm wrong though, it has been a couple of years.

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
thanks for the help guys,
i was able to get it running.
For anyone that runs into a similar problem, If you decide to repair the ln board as oppose to getting a new one. the repair may damage your config file. my config file on the ln board was corrupted. After reloading file, board started communicating.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.035s Queries: 30 (0.009s) Memory: 3.0315 MB (Peak: 3.5926 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 04:21:18 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS