Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
October
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Newest Members
SElevator1, T.J. Olson, Clay, Flow, Kathyw
10,053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums13
Topics7,404
Posts41,025
Members10,053
Most Online3,137
Apr 9th, 2026
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
Changing a siemens soft starter tomorrow. Just wanted to know if anyone that has done this before ran into any problems or may have any suggestions.
Is there a learn procedure on first start up?
Any parameters need to be changed?

Im replacing a Siemens 72G Soft starter with the same model.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
Overload current is FLA off motor data tag. Make starting current 3x OL amps, some versions of software ask for a percentage of FLA, then make it 300%. You can make it as high as 4x if the motor is taking too long to get up to speed, usually big dry units. Make on delay and off delay the same as the old one but a good rule of thumb is set them to 0 on any microprocessor controller.

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 642
Likes: 5
E
addict
addict
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 642
Likes: 5
Rotation=ABC/CBA, you may have to change that. It'll tell you if it's wrong. IDWT mentions starting amps. If your data tag just says "AMPS", then 125% of that value is OL current. Also, are you changing the starter because the LCD display was blank, but you had 3phase incoming power? If so, before you yank the old one out, measure between terminals 1&3 and IF you have 120VAC, you only need change the logic card, not the whole shebang (obviously for future reference). Setting parameters would be the same though.

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
Thanks for the help, it was a very simple swap. I didn't know they came with a installation manual. The only thing I noticed was that the manual recommended I change the starting amps to 250%. Other than that you guys were spot on. Thanks

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 671
D
addict
addict
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 671
elmcannic is dead on the logic card going blank. Upper right hand corner a resistor capacitor opens up. Read about it here and everyone was having the same problem. And I thought we have over a hundred of them and never seen this problem. Well the first time it happened I looked like I knew what I was talking about . We now keep 3 x-tra boards in stock and get a bad one every month or so!!!

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
This was actually my first time seeing this as well. I had the 120vac on terminals 1 and 3. Guess I pulled the trigger to quick. I plan on repairing the board and keeping it as a spare. When you guys replace the boards, is the board specified for that model number? For example the board I have is from 72N model. Can I put this into a 72G or 72DV model?

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 671
D
addict
addict
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 671
with a core we get rebuilt boards from access elevator for about $100 so its hardly worth fixing yourself unless you do it at night in front of the TV. And yes one board fits all.

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
Wow, can you see me in my living room?

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
I
ElevatorPractitioner
ElevatorPractitioner
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,769
Likes: 12
But ya, 9 times out of 10 it's just the logic board, although I have seen the IGBTs fail too. I keep 2 in my van and I have used both in a weekend. Over 90 volts from 1 to 3 and no display or a stuck or not closing up to speed contact = logic board.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 671
D
addict
addict
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 671
HAHA yes yes I can. Do not worry your secrets are safe with me.!!!Please go to you tube and search Dirt on Dirt!!!!! HAAAAAA!

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 45
Just to close this thread...
If anyone decides to repair the logic card. The right capacitor and resistor value is below. part# is also included for easy reference.

Resistor Value(R58): 20ohm 3w
Manufacture: Vishay BC components
Part#: AC03000002009JAC00

Capacitor Value(C46): .033uF 450v
Manufacture: TDK Corp.
Part#: C3225C0G2W333J250AA

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 487
E
addict
addict
E Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 487
The capacitor shorts and takes out the resistor. I've heard of people snatching the capacitor off and just replacing the resistor.

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
member
member
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
Yes, thats what I have done many times. And I've never had that problem once the capacitor is removed. And I also repair the "Up to speed contact" shorted problem in the field.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Photo Gallery
service tool laptop
service tool laptop
by dunkdadrunk, February 4
rip orona
rip orona
by epic_ecodisc, January 7
what controller is this?!
what controller is this?!
by Alex_ELMAN, December 4
HW PM
HW PM
by Chris, January 13
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
PECCO PH5000 Overspeed Governor
by stankap, September 24
Drive sheave
Drive sheave
by jkh, October 10
The best helper.
The best helper.
by Adrian, August 8
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.039s Queries: 40 (0.012s) Memory: 3.0556 MB (Peak: 3.5926 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 04:26:19 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS